FROM THE DESK OF MS. BERNTSON
Good Day Husky Parents,
Welcome to a new school year at Hillside Middle School. We hope you are all well!
I would like you to know that our Hillside team of teachers, custodians, child nutrition, support staff and principals have been working hard this summer to be safe and ready for the many scenarios presented before us.
Below are a few of the things we have been doing to prepare for this school year and what we know right now:
- Registration will begin ONLINE tomorrow, July 23, 2020. Please see our website for more information on how that will work.
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 is the start date for students. This was agreed upon at the SLCSD Board meeting on July 21, 2020.
- Many of our teachers have been attending virtual training courses on CANVAS to better prepare and know this platform for the coming year. Skills have been developed to provide students and parents with a better structure of learning. It will be requisite for all our teachers to take this training before doing any online teaching.
- Teachers have already completed countless other online trainings and have implemented them in packets and kits for students to take home.
- We meet weekly with our teachers and staff to prepare for the coming year.
- We have been receiving and purchasing cleaning products, masks, and other essential items in preparation for starting school safely.
No need to stress or fear, we are all in this together! We are prepared to weather this storm with you and look forward to learning along side you and our students.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Best to you,
Mrs. Berntson Hillside Middle School 1825 South Nevada Street (2375 East), Salt Lake City, UT 84108 Phone: (801)-481-4828 Fax: (801)-481-4831