School Community Council (SCC)
Hillside Middle School
Home of the Huskies
Hillside Middle School is proud to have the support of a strong community council.
The School Community Council (SCC) is a shared governance council formed by the parents and staff of Hillside Middle School in accordance with state law. The SCC was established in 1974 by the Salt Lake School Board, which has empowered each SCC to make decisions regarding their school as a cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions within that school. Its membership should represent school employees and parents or guardians of students. Ideas for discussion topics may be generated by any individual or group in the school community.
Time: 7:00 a.m.
Location: All meetings are online via Zoom unless noted otherwise.
Dates: Every 2nd Tuesday of the month. Scroll down for calendar dates & agendas
AGENDA FOR SEPTEMBER 14
I. Welcome and Introduction of Members (5 min)
II. Principal Update (15 minutes)
a. Enrollment - Last 3 years
b. HMS Dress Code
c. Changes to ELP
III. Carrie Caldwell - HB58/Prevention Plan for Adolescent Substance Abuse (10 Minutes)
IV. Kristi Swett
a. Proposed use of ARP ESSR Funds for SLCSD
b. Mask Mandate update
|MONTY EYINK||Vice Principalemail@example.com||801-481-4828|
SCC is an open meeting.
Who serves on the School Community Council?
SCC is made up of educators and parents. Each year parents are elected to serve one year terms and to represent parents of Hillside students who have come from each of the feeder elementary schools. All parents are welcome and encouraged to come to meetings.
When and where does the School Community Council meet?
The SCC Board meets every month. Meetings are at 7:00 A.M. via zoom. Our meeting schedule is listed above.
How do I become involved? If you are interested in becoming involved in SCC, or have concerns that need to be addressed by SCC, please complete the SCC inquiry form and leave it in SCC’s box located in the school office.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
The SCC chair for 2021-2022 is Lizzy Conde, firstname.lastname@example.org
Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by Utah state statute include the following:
- Develop a School Improvement Plan (SIP).
- Develop the School LAND Trust Plan. Copy of Land Trust
- Assist in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan.
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school). SNAP
- Advise and make recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students.
- Develop a reading achievement plan.