Skip To Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions


SCHOOL HOURS:  M – Th: 8:00 - 2:30 Friday: 8:00 -1:35

Parents and students have direct access to the following numbers:

School: 801-481-4828

At the recorded greeting:
To report an absence - dial 1001
To speak to the registrar - dial 1016
To speak to a counselor - dial 1000
To speak to the principal's secretary - dial 1015
For additional departments - dial 0

  • If you are absent - have your parent call the office or bring a note to the office when you return to school. See Student Attendance and Exemption from School Policy 
  • Information about Snow Closure/Delayed Start/Early Release Parents are asked not to call the school or the district office. Telephones will be used for emergencies.
  • Parents: If you need to contact your child - please call the office. The student may use the office phone to return a call from a parent or guardian, or in the case of an emergency, use a classroom phone. Note: Cell phone use is  restricted during the school day to maintain a learning atmosphere. 
  • If you need to leave for an appointment - take a note from home to the office. Your parent or guardian must pick you up. If your parent or guardian chooses to have a friend, relative, or neighbor pick you up, his or her name must appear on your registration card.
  • If you arrive after the start of school - bring a note from home and check in at the office before going to class.
  • If you need to pay fees or fines - see the Finance Secretary in the office.
  • If you become sick while at school - let your teacher know, then check with the attendance office to call your parent or guardian. We prefer that ill students do not walk home or use UTA, but with parent permission we will release them.
  • If you have lost or found something - check with Attendance Office staff member to help you with access to Lost and Found.
  • If you have concerns, problems, or questions and don't know who to ask or where to turn - go to the Counseling Center and sign up for an appointment.
  • If your child has special needs - here is some information regarding the 504 Policy 
  • Parents: If your child is registering to attend Hillside - You can download from this site most of the necessary registration forms which can be filled out before you meet with the registrar.
  • STILL HAVE A QUESTION? - check the student handbook for more information.


SCC Involvement

Blank Class Schedule



You will need Adobe Reader to view and print documents and forms on this site. It's FREE!

Adobe Reader Logo
PDF is a universal file format that preserves the fonts, images, graphics, and layout of any document, regardless of the application used to create it. Adobe® PDF files can be shared, viewed and printed by anyone with FREE Adobe Reader® software.