Extended Learning Program (ELP)
Join us for an Extended Learning Program Q & A Zoom meeting
- Is your child a rapid learner who puts thoughts together quickly?
- Does your child have an excellent memory or an unusually large vocabulary and complex sentence structure for his/her age?
- Does your child have an advanced comprehension of word nuances, metaphors, and abstract ideas?
If so, the district’s Extended Learning Program may be a good fit for your child. Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are available on the Extended Learning Program website. Check the ELP website for application deadlines, and assessment timelines.
Access the ELP website through the QR code:
or by clicking this link:
For meetings times for all grades ELP Q & A meetings English and Spanish – click on title in the resources box on the right hand side of this web page.
2020-2021 Extended Learning Program Application Information!
Online Application Information!
For student(s) entering grades 2 through 8 in the 2020-2021 school year, online applications are open from September 23, 2019 at 12 noon – November 1 at 5 p.m.
- Assessments are scheduled and administered at your child’s school in November 2019.
- School staff coordinate an assessment date and time directly with parents/guardians of applicants.
- Out-of-district students assess at the district office.
- Eligibility results are mailed via U.S. Post to the address submitted on the online application in January 2020.
New this Year! SLCSD is pleased to administer the district-wide universal assessment screener in February 2020 for all current SLCSD Pre-School (Pre-K-4) and Kindergarten classes. The purpose of this screener is to identify students for potential Magnet ELP assessment, with possible eligibility and placement.
If you have a child entering Kindergarten and grade 1 in the 2020-2021 school year, online applications are open from December 9, 2019 at 12 noon – January 24 at 5 p.m.
- Assessments are administered at the SLCSD district offices in March 2020.
- Eligibility results are mailed via U.S. Post in April 2020 to the address submitted on the online application.
Please contact the ELP department at 801-578-8573 for any further questions.